Kelowna Flightcraft was kind enough to provide me with a photo of CV5800
© Kelowna Flightcraft.
The following information was obtained from their website; for more detailed info I refer to http://www.flightcraft.ca/Convair/Stretch5800.htm
- Kelowna Flightcraft R&D Ltd., Allison Gas Turbine and General Dynamics teamed to launch the
Convair 5800 Program.
- Proven Convair
Model 340, 440, and 580 Airplanes converted with a fourteen foot, three inch stretch to provide increased capacity.
- The Convair 5800 is powered by the Allison 501-D22G (Series III) Propjet Engine, derated to 4300 TSHP
- 22,000 pound payload with 750 statute miles payload range capability.
- 325 miles per hour cruise speed.
- Allison 501-D22G
- Hamilton Standard 54H60-164 Propeller
- Advanced Flight
Deck - Honeywell EFIS
Airframe - Projected life in excess of 100,000 hours
- Modern, all new
lightweight electrical wiring
- Passenger Model -
78 seats, modern wide body interior with overhead bins
- All new flight
control system cables
- Dual point
underwing pressure refueling
- Cargo or Combi
Model - approved Class E cabin
- 120 inch cargo
- 21,000 lb payload, 750 statute miles
- 20,000 lb payload, 900 statute miles
-6.5 / 88" X 108" pallets
and containers are compatible with DC-9 and B-727 aircraft
- 9-G Tie-down
- Meets Stage III
#1-5655 Kelowna Airport
Or E-Mail for
Wayne Grant kindly sent me this photo of this enlarged Convair CV5800 (ex/C-131F, cn277):|
It was ferried from Canada to New Zealand in Oct.2004 and is on a lease by Airfreight NZ from Kelowna Flightcraft.
To email me, click on the image and write the correct adress as given below
(replace -AT- by the @ symbol).
Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is because spam has increasingly become a problem.