From WarbirdRegistry.org I have the following data:
Serial #: 44-34520
Construction no. 27799
Civil Registrations: N9420Z - C-GHCF - N94207 - N126HP
Model(s): A-26B, B-26C.
Name: 'Lu Lu'
Last info: 2006
Manufactured by Douglas Aircraft, Long Beach, CA, 1945.
Delivered to USAF as 44-34520, June 22, 1945.
- Transferred to storage, Sacramento Air Materiel Center, McClellan AAF CA, June 1945.
- Transferred to Douglas Aircraft, Long Beach, CA, Nov. 1950.
-- Converted to B-26C standard.
- Transferred to Ogden Air Materiel Area, Hill AFB, UT, Feb. 1951.
- Transferred to 452nd Bombardment (Light) Wing (Far East Air Forces), Miho AB and Pusan AB Korea, April 1951.
- Transferred to 17th Bombardment (L) Wing (FEAF), Pusan AB and Miho AB, May 1952.
- Transferred to 6408th Maintenance and Supply Group (FEAF), Kisarazu AB, Japan, July 1952.
- Transferred to Sacramento Air Materiel Area, McClellan AFB CA, Sept. 1952.
- Transferred to Ogden Air Materiel Area, Hill AFB, UT, Jan. 1953.
- Transferred to 461st Bombardment (L) Wing (Tactical Air Force), Hill AFB (deployment to Wendover AFB, UT), March 1954.
- Transferred to 2347th Air Reserve Flying Center (US Air Force Reserves), Long Beach AFB, CA, July 1955.
- Transferred to Davis Monthan AFB, AZ for storage, Feb. 1957.
Jul 1958 Dropped from inventory as surplus A.S. Wilstrom Inc, New York, NY, 1963-1972.
- Registered as N9420Z.
- Converted to executive configuration by LeTourneau Co, TX.
Conair Aviation Ltd, Abbotsford, BC, Apr. 1974-1988.
- Registered as C-GHCF.
- Flown as tanker #28.
Hawkins & Powers Aviation, Greybull, WY, Nov. 1988-2000.
- Registered as N94207.
- Reregistered as N126HP, July 1989.
- flown as tanker #28.
D&G Inc, Greybull, WY, Aug. 23, 2000-2006.
- Displayed at Greybull, 1999-2000.
- Displayed in red white tanker #28 scheme on right side.
- Displayed in USAF/434520/BC-520/K Lu Lu on left side.
End quote from WarbirdRegistry.org
N126HP was sold at an auction in August 2006 for US$112.500,- It flew out of Greybull and was seen at Buckeye,AZ on 21Jul07. There is a museum for vintage aircraft, someone called Lauredsen took that initiative but I have yet to visit it; I believe it is located at Glendale Mun'l,AZ. -Webmaster